Each solicitor must:
- Appear in person and register annually with the County Clerk’s office. Registration is free. View the Solicitor Registration Information and Application web page.
- Work only between 11 a.m. and 7 p.m.
- Carry his/her own Certificate of Registration bearing the salesperson’s name, employer’s name, manufacturer’s name, type of business, and an embossed seal.
- Observe “No Solicitation” signs.
- Respect occupant’s request if asked to leave.
Residents should ask to see the vendor’s certificate and report any violations to the Lake County Sheriff’s Office at 847-549-5200 where fines and penalties can be enforced.
This ordinance applies only to unincorporated Lake County and provides exemptions for religious groups, candidates, and minors under age 18 who participate in fundraising activities. If you live within municipal or village borders, check with your local officials for your specific ordinances.