Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The Lake County Sheriff’s Office concluded its recent holiday traffic safety initiative.
• Arrested two for driving with suspended/revoked driver’s licenses
• Arrested three for driving without a driver’s license
• Arrested one for reckless driving
• Issued 45 speeding citations
• Issued 23 seat belt citations
• Issued six uninsured motorist citations
• Issued three distracted driving citations
• Issued two other moving citations
Law enforcement agencies throughout Illinois participated in this effort to save lives by arresting impaired drivers and enforcing traffic laws which when violated, often lead to crashes. The enforcement campaign took place from December 17, 2021 through January 2, 2022.
During the mobilization, extra emphasis was placed on enforcement during late-night hours, when statistics show the most unbuckled and impaired driving fatalities occur.
The holiday enforcement effort was made possible by federal traffic safety funds administered by the Illinois Department of Transportation.