Lake County Government has been offering services for residents at its Waukegan and Libertyville campuses throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. As the state continues to move forward through the Restore Illinois plan, some Lake County offices have been increasing public access with safety protocols in place.
Lake County requires that individuals entering a County facility wear a face covering and practice social distancing. The public is still encouraged to interact with Lake County government services virtually if they are able to.
- 19th Judicial Circuit: Court calls, marriages and civil unions have resumed virtually. More info
- The Central Permit Facility is located at 500 W. Winchester Road, Libertyville. Walk-in customer service is provided Monday thru Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. for planning and building, permits, community development, environmental health services including well, septic and food service permits, water testing, flood reports, and stormwater permits. The drop-box in the vestibule will continue to be available for those who need to submit applications and documents but do not wish to enter the building. Customers are encouraged to conduct business by using the online permitting portal or by mail, email, or telephone.
- County Clerk’s Office: Walk-in customer service is available from 9 a.m. to noon, Monday thru Friday for vital record requests, solicitor registration, tax exemption and redemption, and more. Marriage and civil union licenses are issued by appointment only. More info
- Division of Transportation: The building is open to visits by appointment only. To schedule a visit, call 847-377-7400 or email [email protected]. All services are continuing via drop boxes, drop off locations, and e-services.
- Treasurer’s Office: Starting July 13, walk-in customer service is available from 8:30 a.m. to noon, Monday thru Friday to (1) accept cash payments, (2) accept payments for five or more parcels from the same owner, and (3) accept payments from senior and disabled residents. For the health and safety of vulnerable residents, the Treasurer’s Office asks that everyone who is healthy or does not fall under the three categories above to please pay with one of the many convenient ways to pay:
Visit lakecountyil.gov/servicechanges for additional Lake County Government service modifications and closures.