The Lakes Region Sanitary District and Lake County entered into an intergovernmental agreement earlier this year that consolidated sanitary sewer services. All sewer system operations, maintenance and customer service will now be provided by Lake County Public Works.
5 things to know as a new Lake County Public Works customer
1. Who we are: Lake County Public Works is comprised of dedicated employees who are focused on delivering water and wastewater treatment services in an efficient, reliable and safe manner that that meets or exceeds all federal and state standards. We provide water and sanitary sewer services to thousands of homes and businesses and maintain more than 100 water and sanitary sewer facilities throughout the County.
2. Your service: Lake County Public Works will provide only sanitary sewer service to former Lakes Region customers, by maintaining the system used to collect and move the water to a wastewater treatment facility.
3. Billing cycle: Starting in 2020, you will receive a bill every two months for sanitary sewer services. Your last Lakes Region billing will be sent early in December, for services through November 30, 2019. Your Lake County Public Works billing will be sent in early February, for December and January services; and then every two months following.
4. Payments: The County offers several convenient payment options without any additional fees. Customers who choose to pay online each billing cycle or schedule an automatic withdrawal will not be charged any transaction fees when paying with a credit card! Customers can also choose to make payments via mail, drop them off at our office or make a payment over the telephone. Learn more: lakecountyil.gov/paymentoptions
5. Contact information: Lake County Public Works’ office is located at 650 W. Winchester Road, Libertyville, IL and is open 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. If you ever have any questions or concerns regarding our sanitary sewer services, please contact us at [email protected] or 847-377-7500.