On October 3, 2018, the Lake County Sheriff’s Office Warrants Team in collaboration with the Lake County Sheriff’s Gang Task Force, Lake County Sheriff’s Criminal Investigations Section, Lake County Sheriff’s Office Canine Unit, U.S. Marshals Service-Great Lakes Regional Fugitive Task Force (USMS-GLRFTF), U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Homeland Security Investigations, Antioch Police Department, Grayslake Police Department, Lake Villa Police Department, McHenry County Sheriff’s Office, Mundelein Police Department, North Chicago Police Department, Round Lake Beach Police Department, Waukegan Police Department, and Zion Police Department conducted a countywide warrant-sweep in an operation called, ‘Operation Safe Communities.’
The operation focused on locating and apprehending felony and misdemeanor fugitives in the communities of Lake County. This effort improved the safety in our communities by apprehending numerous wanted fugitives in Lake County.
During the operation, the over 50 law-enforcement participants were divided into teams. Each team had multiple wanted subjects to investigate and apprehend. A total of 21 wanted individuals were apprehended during the operation. Additionally, an individual found to be in possession of firearms and cannabis.
Sheriff Mark Curran said, “Operation Safe Communities is a terrific example of countywide law enforcement working together to keep Lake County Safe. I’m very proud of the collaborative teamwork that went into the operation and proud of the Lake County Sheriff’s Office Warrants Team for taking the lead and organizing the operation.”
Arrested during the operation were:
• ALCARAZ, NIVARDO, 22 of the 1300 block of North Hickory Avenue, Round Lake Beach (Criminal Sexual Abuse Warrant - $75,000 bond)
• SMITH, DONNELL, 36, of the 1000 block of 8th Street, Waukegan (Attempt Robbery Warrant – $100,000 bond)
• DIAZ, TARAH, 36, of the 600 block of West Johns Manville Place, Waukegan (Retail Theft Warrant - $20,000 bond)
• BALDWIN, JASON, 41, of the 200 block of South Lake Street, Grayslake (Possession of a Controlled Substance - $40,000 bond)
• YARBROUGH, CHRISTIN, 22, of the 25900 block of North Wilson Road, Ingleside (Criminal Trespass to Property Warrant - $25,000 bond)
• CERVANTES-TORRES, ALEXIS, 22, of the 400 block of Wainlow Avenue, Waukegan (Criminal Damage to Property Warrant - $75,000 bond)
• HIDALGO-PENA, GRACE, 26, of the 7900 block of Dada Drive, Gurnee (Criminal Trespass to Property Warrant $20,000 bond)
• JOHNSON, MYA, 20, of the 2600 block of Dana Avenue, Waukegan (Retail Theft Warrant $30,000 bond)
• HERNANDEZ, ARTURO, 32, of the 100 block Suda Drive, Gurnee (Unlawful Possession of Ammunition Warrant $20,000 bond)
• BULZAK, JOSEPH, 38, of the 200 East Grand Avenue, Fox Lake (Retail Theft Warrant $20,000 bond)
• TREVINO, RUBEN, 32, of the 2800 block of Ezekiel Avenue, Zion (Possession of a Controlled Substance Warrant – no bond)
• CORREA, JOSEPH, 53, of the 2700 block of North Lewis Avenue, Waukegan (Domestic Battery Warrant - $202,000 bond)
• KRAMER, CARRIE, 50, of the 100 block of East Grand Avenue, Lake Villa (Possession of a Controlled Substance Warrant - $75,000 bond)
• CARSON, DOUGLAS, 46, of the 1100 block of Ridgeland Avenue, Waukegan (Domestic Battery Warrant - $100,000 bond)
• LABARBERA, LLOYD, 27, of the 1600 block of Wedgewood Drive, Gurnee (Possession of a Controlled Substance Warrant $75,000 bond)
• DIXON, MICHAEL, 37, of the 2800 block of West Glen Flora Avenue, Waukegan (Possession of a Controlled Substance Warrant - $40,000 bond)
• WATSON, BRYAN, 28, of the 200 block of East Pineview Drive, Hainesville (Possession of a Controlled Substance Warrant - $75,000 bond)
• HEMPHILL, ZAMYA, 18, of the 700 block of South McAlister Avenue, Waukegan (Battery Warrant - $152,000 bond)
• MENARD, KIMBLE, 53, of the 24800 block of West Oak Avenue, Lake Villa (Domestic Battery Warrant $50,000 bond)
• HILL, NYESHA, 35, of the 2400 block of Lewis Avenue, Zion (Possession of a Controlled Substance Warrant - $40,000 bond)
• COLE, ZACHARY, 21, of the 700 block of Depot Road, Gurnee (Theft Warrant - $20,000 bond)
Additionally, during the sweep, Lakendis B. Glaspie, 23, of the 2800 block of Ezra Ave, Zion, was arrested after he was found to be in possession of two firearms and over 70 grams of cannabis. He was charged with two counts of Unlawful Use of a Weapon by a Felon, Possession of a Defaced Firearm, and Unlawful Possession of Cannabis. He remains held in the Lake County Jail on $50,000.00 bail pending a court date of October 24, 2018 at 1:30PM in courtroom T110.
Sheriff Curran reminds the public the defendants are presumed innocent unless proven guilty in a court of law.