The American Psychological Association reports that 38 percent of people report an increase in stress around the holidays. Practice these self-care tips from Mental Health First Aid for a happy, healthy holiday season:
- Don’t freeze people out. Spend time with people who love and support you.
- Break out the ice skates. Take time to exercise, even if it’s just taking a spin around the ice skating rink.
- Chill out. Avoid overbooking yourself, and don’t feel guilty about making time for self-care.
- Get cozy. Make sure you are getting enough sleep.
- Moderate the merriment. At all those holiday parties, eat and drink in moderation. Don’t drink alcohol if you are feeling down.
Learn more tips on managing holiday stress from the American Psychological Association's website.
Download the "Build Your Self-Care Snowman" infographic (below) on Mental Health First Aid's website.