Site Development Inspections are required as part of the Site Development Permit process. The number and type of inspections required depend on the type of work. The required inspections on a specific project are noted on a permit card issued with a Site Development Permit.
Some of the more common inspections are:
- Pre-permitting inspection
- Erosion control (silt fence) inspection
- Rough/Final grading inspection
- Wetland inspection
- Temporary Pre-Certificate of Occupancy (C/O) inspection
- Site Development Final Pre-C/O inspection*
To schedule inspections, please contact the Planning, Building and Development Department office at 847-377-2600 at least 48 hours prior to inspection.
*Please refer to the Site Development permit card to make sure all required conditions have been met prior to scheduling the Site Development Final Pre-Certificate of Occupancy (C/O) inspection.