Advocacy & Appeals


Any veteran is eligible for this type of assistance. The Veterans Assistance Commission (VAC) helps file claims, papers, or documents with the Department of Veterans Affairs. All assistance is done in accordance with the Public Aid code for emergency assistance.


All applicants who are dissatisfied with the decision of the superintendent have the right to file an appeal to the decision to the Lake County Public Aid Committee by written notice with the VAC at:
 501 North Riverside Dr, Suite 106
Gurnee, IL 60031
Every applicant has the right to file an appeal and to be assisted in completing a notice of appeal.
Ruck Run Sep 2019