Certain minor improvements including re-roofing, re-siding, fences, sheds, hoop houses, bee keeping and keeping chickens are eligible, subject to certain standards and restrictions, for registration
instead of the traditional permitting process.
A Building Permit is required for any of the following activities in unincorporated Lake County:
- Construction of new structure
- Construction of additions and/or alterations
- Construction of accessory structures such as detached garage, shed, deck, swimming pool, fence, etc.
- Change of Use
- Demolition of structures
- Installing or altering any equipment which is regulated by the building, electrical, or mechanical code
- The following repair activities:
- Removal or cutting of any wall, partition or portion thereof,
- Removal or cutting of any structural beam or load bearing support,
- Removal or change of any required means of egress or rearrangement of a structure affecting the egress requirements,
- Addition or alteration of water supply, sewer, drainage, gas, soil, waste, vent or similar piping, electrical or mechanical systems.
A Site Development Permit
may also be required in conjunction with a building permit.