TY2022 Tax Sale
The Lake County tax sale is scheduled for November 13, 2023.
Persons interested in participating in this year’s sale:
- We strongly advise you to read the Illinois Statutes pertaining to the tax sale (35ILCS200).
- To print the TY2021 Tax Sale Information packet, click here. (TY2022 packet will be uploaded soon)
- All registered tax buyers and their appointed representatives at the tax sale must be 18 years of age or older at the time of registration.
- If you attend the entire sale but are unable to purchase any taxes, your deposit will be refunded.
- An additional $100 fee will be charged to the buyers interested in obtaining a delinquent tax list. Upon completing the application and making the payment, Joseph E. Meyer & Associates will contact you via e-mail for the requested format of the list.
- Important: The tax sale list that is provided to you should be used for the sole purpose of the delinquent tax sale. Use of this information for any other purpose is strictly prohibited. The County Treasurer has the authority to deny the sale of this list to anyone who violates this rule.
- All first time buyers are required to provide a certified check in the amount that they plan to purchase at this tax sale. This check must be separate from the $100 fee for those interested in obtaining a copy of the tax sale list. These checks must be provided at the time of registration. If the registrant attends the sale, and attempts but fails to purchase taxes totaling the amount of the check, the balance will be returned to that buyer.