- 1st Installment due date: June 6, 2022
- 2nd Installment due date: September 6, 2022
Avoid Late PaymentsTo avoid state statute penalties, only U.S. postmarked (not metered) envelopes will be accepted. Must be postmarked prior to or on the due date.
- To pay by installment - send installment coupon and check prior to the due date.
- To pay in full - send both installment coupons and check, keeping bottom portion for your records.
- Because of electronic lock box processing, post-dated or unsigned checks will be processed on the day they are received, which may incur additional fees if returned by your bank.
Special Notes About ChecksWhen paying by check, be sure that the face of your check has the following:
- Name and current address
- 10-digit Property Index Number (PIN#)
- Current date (no post-dated checks)
- Valid signature
- Made payable to Lake County Collector
The return envelopes that accompany your tax bill will include the return address of our P.O. BOX located in Bedford Park, IL. This location was selected as it is the closest post office to our Lock Box facility.
The PO Box:
PO Box 1030
Bedford Park, IL 60499-1030
If you have misplaced our envelopes, please mail to:
Lake County Collector
18 N. County Street
Waukegan, IL 60085
Your canceled check is your receipt. Within two weeks, verify that your check clears with your financial institution. In addition, you may verify the posting of your payment on this website, at Payment Status.