Lake County COVID Housing Relief Program (CHRP)
The Lake County COVID Housing Relief Program (CHRP) provides rent and utility assistance for eligible households financially impacted by COVID-19.
If you are a Lake County resident and need help paying rent or utility bills, click here to view the informational flyer! To apply for the program, please call 211 or text your zip code to 898211.
Para folleto Español, oprima aqui.
Do You Need Help Paying Your Rent or Utility Bills?
Have you lost your job because of COVID-19, or do you have large medical bills? If you answered yes and live in Lake County, you can apply. If you qualify and are a renter, you can get help paying your rent, gas and electric bills for up to six months. If you own your own home, you can get help for utility bills only.
Who is Eligible?
In order to quality for help:
- You must be a Lake County resident.
- You must have recently lost income due to COVID-19, because of a job loss or other reasons, such as because you have to miss work to care for your school-age children. You can also qualify if you have a large unexpected medical cost related to COVID-19.
- You must have limited savings.
- Your household must have a current annual household income below the following amounts:
- 1 Person Household: $51,000
- 2 Person Household: $58,250
- 3 Person Household: $65,550
- 4 Person Household: $72,800
- 5 Person Household: $78,650
- 6 Person Household: $84,450
- 7 Person Household: $90,300
- 8 Person Household: $96,100
Who Can I Contact to Apply?
If you believe you are eligible, please call 211 or text your zip code to 898211 for more information and to get help. You will need to fill out an application and provide evidence of your income and expenses. If you are approved, the money will be sent to your landlord or utility company.
Additional Information for Landlords:
Landlords, if your tenant may benefit from this program, please forward this flyer or let them know they can call 211 or text their zip code to 898211. If your tenant qualifies, a CHRP provider will contact you and ask you to complete some verification information. Once approved, the CHRP provider will pay you directly.
Program Provider - Agency Training Documents
Forms and Client Documents
- CHRP Flyer (PDF)
- Folleto CHRP - Espanol (PDF)
- Application Instructions and Checklist (Fillable PDF)
- Intake Packet (Fillable PDF)
- Landlord Verification Form (Fillable PDF)
- ACH Form (Fillable PDF)
- Authorization to Share Information Using ServicePoint (English) (PDF)
- Autorización para Compartir Información Usando ServicePoint (Espanol) (PDF)
- Self Income Certification (Fillable PDF)
- Zero Income Certification (Fillable PDF)
- COVID-Related Need Self-Certification (Fillable PDF)
- Self-Certification for Continued Assistance (Fillable PDF)
- Program Manual (PDF)
- Voucher Template (Fillable PDF)
- Township Emergency Assistance Report Template (Fillable PDF)
- Instructions for Entering CHRP Clients Into ServicePoint (PDF)
- Rental Assistance Workflow (from referral) (PDF)
- Rental Assistance Workflow (without referral) (PDF)
- ServicePoint Referral Network - How to Send a Referral (PDF)
- ServicePoint Referral Network - How to Pick up a Referral (PDF)
- CHRP Client Served Report Instructions (PDF)
- Prairie State Legal Services COVID Eviction Flyer July 23 2020 (PDF)
- Prairie State Legal Services COVID Eviction Flyer July 23 2020 SPANISH (PDF)
- CHRP Pre-Application Presentation (PDF)
- CHRP Partners Meeting PPT Slides 7/6/2020 (PDF)
- CHRP Partners Meeting PPT Slides 7/23/2020 (PDF)
- CHRP Partners Meeting PPT Slides 8/6/2020 (PDF)
- CHRP Partners Meeting PPT Slides 8/20/2020 (PDF)
- CHRP Partners Meeting PPT Slides 9/3/2020 (PDF)
- CHRP Partners Meeting PPT Slides 9/17/2020 (PDF)