Vote by Mail in November 3, 2020
Request your Ballot by Mail for the November 3, 2020 General Election
Due to COVID-19, we are encouraging all voters to vote by mail and avoid lines during early voting or on Election Day. Feel safe when voting from the comfort of your own home.
Check the Status of your Application or Ballot
You can check the status of your Application and Vote by Mail ballot by clicking the Track My Ballot button in Voter Power
Only for November 3, 2020 General Election
The Lake County Clerk will automatically send an Application for Ballot to Lake County residents who:
- voted by mail, during early voting, or on Election Day in the March 2020 General Primary Election, April 2019 Consolidated Election, or the November 2018 General Election, or
- registered to vote or updated their address from March 18, 2020 to July 31, 2020
Request an official ballot using one of these methods:
- Electronic Application for Ballot
Log in to Voter Power and submit your request online, which will require no further action to receive your ballot.
- Paper Application for Ballot
You may download a blank PDF form or use Voter Power, which will generate a PDF with your voter information prefilled.
Or, you may have a paper form sent to you:
- call (847-377-2406 or 847-377-VOTE) or
- send an email (email@example.com) with your name, address & date of birth to have a form sent to you by email or through the US Postal Service to an address of your choice
- By email – Scan and attach the completed & signed application and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Mail or personally deliver the completed & signed application to:
Lake County Clerk
18 N County St. Room 101
Waukegan, IL 60085
All ballot requests must be received in the Lake County Clerk's Office by 5:00 pm, October 29, 2020.
Ballots will be mailed to your residence or alternate mailing address beginning September 24, 2020.
Returning your voted ballotTo be counted, your voted ballot must be
- hand delivered to the Lake County Clerk's office by 7 PM on Election Day,
- returned to our office with a postmark no later than November 3, 2020,
- brought to the voting site and surrendered to the election judges, or
- placed in a postage-free drop box.
Please call 847-377-2406 or 847-377-VOTE if you have questions or didn't receive your ballot. You may also track your ballot by calling our office or logging in to Voter Power.