Capital Improvement Program
The Lake County Public Works Capital Improvement Program identifies funding to plan, design and construct projects that are necessary to preserve, modernize and expand the water distribution systems and wastewater systems under the jurisdiction of Lake County government.
In this phase, potential projects are identified for future inclusion into the 5-year capital program based on the strategic goals and priorities of the County Board and Public Works department. Staff also uses information from the Public Works Administration, Engineering, Maintenance and Operations departments as well as information from asset tracking, life-cycle analysis, functional studies, assessments on condition of water and sewer infrastructure, and initial high-level cost estimates and schedules to help build the capital improvement program.
In this phase, the scope of the project is fully developed, survey work and environmental investigation is underway, coordination with affected agencies and the public begins where appropriate, the need for any property acquisition/easements is reviewed, design alternatives are developed and refined, concept work is completed and the final alternative is selected, initial cost estimates are updated and a project schedule is developed.
- Columbia Bay Road Force Main Replacement
- Corporate Woods Reservoir Rehabilitation
- Hilltop Road Force Main Replacement
- IL Route 22 Sewer Relocation
- Jackson Force Main Replacement
- Lakeside Force Main Replacement
- Liberty Acres Water Main Replacement
- Midland Force Main Replacement Part 2
- N. Cedar Crest Force Main Replacement
- Sanitary Interceptor Sewer Condition Evaluation
- Teal Lane Force Main Diversion
- Water System Resilience Study: Hawthorn Woods and Forest Lake Water Systems
In this phase, the final design of the project is underway, construction plans, specifications and contract documents are prepared, easements and agreements are secured where necessary, appropriate permits are obtained, project cost estimates and schedules are refined.
- Des Plaines River Water Reclamation Facility Improvements (ARPA funded)
- Gages Lake Road Water Main Improvements
- Grandwood Park Water Main Replacement
- Highland Lake Water System Improvements - Phase 2
- Mill Creek Water Reclamation Facility Improvements (ARPA funded)
- Oak Terrace Well House and System Interconnection
- Pekara Water System - Lake Michigan Water Connection
- Southeast Central Interceptor Drop Chamber Rehabilitation
- US Route 41 - North Chicago Interconnect Meter Pit Rehabilitation
- Vernon Hills (NCT) Water Reclamation Facility Improvements (ARPA funded)
- West Pump Station Force Main Improvements
This phase consists of advertising for bids and the physical construction of the project. The construction contract is put out for bid and a contract is awarded to the lowest responsible bidder. The project is built and is inspected for compliance with the contract and standards while under construction.
- Countryside Manor Water Main Replacement
- Des Plaines River Water Reclamation Facility – Press and Polymer Equipment Replacement
- Gages Lake Water Tower
- Hawthorn Woods and Forest Lake Water Meter Pit Rehabilitation
- Highland Lake Water System Improvements - Phase 1
- Saunders Road Lift Station and Sewer Improvements
- SCADA Phase III Improvements
- Vernon Hills Water System White Deer Run Reservoir
- Wildwood and Allen Farms Water Main Replacement
- Wilson Road and Rollins Road Sewer Lining Improvement