Lake County Government Service Modifications, Relief Measures, and Facility Closures
Lake County government continues to provide services during the COVID-19 pandemic. Face coverings are required in all Lake County government buildings for both vaccinated and unvaccinated people. A list of offices with service modifications can be found below:
- The Recorder of Deeds Office has temporarily suspended in-person services
Visit a department’s web page to see its hours of operation and the available services offered virtually.
Board and Committee Meetings
All Lake County Board and Committee Meetings are currently being held virtually. Please visit our calendar section for details and agenda information.
How to View Meetings
All County Board and Standing Committee meetings are recorded at lakecounty.tv and on Comcast's network, Channel 18 or 30 and AT&T Channel 99. The public may also watch the livestream of the meetings by coming to the 10th floor of the County Administration Building, 18 N. County St., Waukegan. Face coverings are required.
How to Attend Meetings and Submit Public Comment
Public comments are welcomed and encouraged. To make it easier for the public to participate in the public comment section of Lake County Board and Committee meetings over Zoom, members of the public are able to register to attend the meeting and to offer "live" public comments during the Zoom meetings from the comfort of their own home.
Attend public meetings and submit public comment live using Zoom:
- Each board and committee meeting agenda now contains a link for the public to virtually attend the meeting through Zoom if they choose. View the meeting schedule and agendas.
- Use the link to register on Zoom for the meeting you wish to attend. When you register, you will be asked if you would like to make a public comment, and for the general topic of the comment.
- Please note that all public comments are limited to a maximum time of three minutes.
Submit public comment via email:
Public comment be submitted in writing by sending an email to [email protected]. In order to be read at the meeting, public comment sent via email must be received no later than 3 p.m. the day prior to the meeting.
Comments for items not on the agenda will be read at the beginning of the meeting in the order they are received or during consideration of the agenda item if it is related to a specific item. A total of 30 minutes will be permitted for Public Comment and no more than three minutes per Comment pursuant to the County Board Rules of Order and Operational Procedures. All emailed Comments received but not read during the meeting will be included in the meeting minutes.
When submitting public comments via email, please include the following information:
- Subject Line: (Insert Name of Committee) Public Comment
- Street Address (Optional)
- City, State (Optional)
- Phone (Optional)
- Organization/agency/etc. represented. (If representing yourself, put "Self")
- Topic or Agenda Item Number followed by Public Comment.
Public in attendance on the 10th Floor of the Administrative Tower at 18 N. County Street, Waukegan, Illinois may provide Public Comment. The public may also leave a message with the County Board Office at 847-377-2300.
Lake County and the Health Department are closely monitoring the fast-changing outbreak of COVID-19 and will continue to post updates at lakecountyil.gov/coronavirus. Residents are also encouraged to sign up for the Lake County Health Department’s COVID-19 newsletter.
For general questions about COVID-19, call the Illinois Department of Public Health hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email [email protected].