Lake County Government Service Modifications, Relief Measures, and Facility Closures
Lake County Government continues to provide services during the COVID-19 pandemic. Most County offices are open to the public with service modifications and social distancing measures in place. Visit a department’s web page to see its hours of operation and the available services offered virtually.
Lake County Government is focused on protecting the health and safety of the community and our employees while continuing to deliver services to the greatest extent possible for the people and organizations we serve.
Lake County requires that individuals entering a County facility wear a face covering and practice social distancing. The public is still encouraged to interact with Lake County government services virtually if they are able to.
Board and Committee Meetings
All Lake County Board and Committee Meetings are currently being held remotely via Zoom due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please visit our calendar section for details and agenda information.
How to View Meetings
All County Board and Standing Committee meetings are live-streamed at lakecounty.tv and on Comcast's network, Channel 18 or 30 and AT&T Channel 99. The public may also watch the livestream of the meetings by coming to the 10th floor of the County Administration Building, 18 N. County St., Waukegan. Face coverings are required.
How to Attend Meetings and Submit Public Comment
Public comments are welcomed and encouraged. To make it easier for the public to participate in the public comment section of Lake County Board and Committee meetings over Zoom, members of the public are able to register to attend the meeting and to offer "live" public comments during the Zoom meetings from the comfort of their own home.
Attend public meetings and submit public comment live using Zoom:
- Each board and committee meeting agenda now contains a link for the public to virtually attend the meeting through Zoom if they choose. View the meeting schedule and agendas.
- Use the link to register on Zoom for the meeting you wish to attend. When you register, you will be asked if you would like to make a public comment, and for the general topic of the comment.
- When you join the meeting, if you have indicated you wish to submit public comment, Lake County staff will communicate with you via the chat feature, and will turn on your ability to talk when the meeting Chair provides time for public comment. Please note that all public comments are limited to a maximum time of three minutes.
Submit public comment via email or phone:
Public comment be submitted in writing by sending an email to PublicComment@lakecountyil.gov. In order to be read at the meeting, public comment sent via email must be received no later than 3 p.m. the day prior to the meeting. The public may also leave a message with the County Board Office at 847-377-2300.
Comments for items not on the agenda will be read at the beginning of the meeting in the order they are received or during consideration of the agenda item if it is related to a specific item. A total of 30 minutes will be permitted for Public Comment and no more than three minutes per Comment pursuant to the County Board Rules of Order and Operational Procedures. All emailed Comments received but not read during the meeting will be included in the meeting minutes.
When submitting public comments via email, please include the following information:
- Subject Line: (Insert Name of Committee) Public Comment
- Street Address (Optional)
- City, State (Optional)
- Phone (Optional)
- Organization/agency/etc. represented. (If representing yourself, put "Self")
- Topic or Agenda Item Number followed by Public Comment.
Public in attendance on the 10th Floor of the Administrative Tower at 18 N. County Street, Waukegan, Illinois may provide Public Comment. Public may also leave a message with the County Board Office at 847-377-2300.
Lake County and the Health Department are closely monitoring the fast-changing outbreak of COVID-19 and will continue to post updates at lakecountyil.gov/coronavirus. Residents are also encouraged to sign up for the Lake County Health Department’s COVID-19 newsletter.
For general questions about COVID-19, call the Illinois Department of Public Health hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email email@example.com. Lake County requires that individuals entering a County facility wear a face covering and practice social distancing. The public is still encouraged to interact with Lake County government services virtually if they are able to.