Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Lake County, Illinois Information
The Lake County Health Department is closely monitoring a fast-changing pandemic of a novel (new) coronavirus (COVID-19) first identified in the city of Wuhan, China. Our priority is the health and safety of our residents, and we continue to use every available resource to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic.
For the most current status of the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) COVID-19 and Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH): Coronavirus websites.
Recent UpdatesOctober 28, 2020
Governor Pritzker and the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) announced that COVID-19 resurgence mitigations will be implemented in the North Suburban Region 9, which includes Lake and McHenry Counties, beginning 12:01 a.m. on Saturday, October 31, 2020. Read more.
October 21, 2020
The Lake County Health Department is reporting 'substantial' community transmission of COVID-19. To protect students, staff, and their families and slow the spread of COVID-19 in the community, the Health Department is recommending that public and private K-12 schools in Lake County transition to virtual learning.
On August 28, the Health Department launched a School Decision Dashboard with data to inform school superintendents’ decisions to pursue in-person, hybrid, or in-person learning.
September 30, 2020
As communities plan for fall holidays, including Halloween, the IDPH has issued guidance for celebrating safely. While it is safest to celebrate from home, those who choose to participate in trick-or-treating events must continue to follow the 3 Ws: Wear a mask, Wash your hands, Watch your distance. Learn more from the CDC about general considerations for the holidays.
August 4, 2020
Lake and McHenry County officials are working together to slow the recent resurgence of COVID-19. The two counties make up the North Suburban Region 9 in the State's Restore Illinois Mitigation Plan and are will respond with appropriate interventions if metrics indicate an increase of COVID-19 activity in the region. View Region 9 metrics.
County Level COVID-19 Risk Metrics
Learn about the Health Department’s efforts to identify and notify people who may have been exposed to COVID-19
Find service modification and closure information for Lake County Government
Find answers to questions you have about COVID-19 from the Health Department, IDPH, and CDC
Ask a question about:
- COVID-19 in Lake County: Contact the Lake County Health Department at COVID19@lakecountyil.gov
- COVID-19 and other communicable diseases: Contact the Lake County Health Department Communicable Disease program at (847) 377-8130
- COVID-19 Relief and Recovery in Lake County: Contact Lake County Communications at (847) 377-2154 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- COVID-19 in Illinois: Contact the Illinois Department of Public Health at 1-800-889-3931 or DPH.SICK@ILLINOIS.GOV
- Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois Plan: Contact the Illinois Department of Public Health at 1-800-889-3931 or DPH.SICK@ILLINOIS.GOV
- Phase 4 Guidelines for Businesses: Contact the Illinois Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity at 1-800-252-2923 or CEO.email@example.com.
- Cases or outbreaks of COVID-19 in a workplace or facility: Visit https://redcap.dph.illinois.gov/surveys/?s=NHECLHEHFP
- Executive Order violations: Visit http://www.lakecountyil.gov/report
- Violation of safety guidelines at restaurants and businesses: Call the Lake County Health Department at (847) 377-8020
- An unsafe workplace environment: Contact the Attorney General’s Workplace Rights Bureau at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-740-5076
- Contact tracing scams: Visit the Federal Trade Commission website
Make a request:
- From the news media: Email the Lake County Health Department at COVIDmedia@lakecountyil.gov