Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Lake County, Illinois Information
The Lake County Health Department has a dedicated team of staff working to protect public health during the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic. We continue to use every available resource to protect the health of all who live, work, and play in Lake County.
For the most current status of the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) COVID-19 and Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH): Coronavirus websites.
Lake County Transitions to Community-Based COVID-19 VaccinationsThe Lake County Health Department is announcing that it will transition to a community-based vaccination model next month, and the final day for COVID-19 vaccinations at the Lake County Fairgrounds will be Monday, June 14, 2021. Read the full press release.
Health Department To Begin COVID-19 Vaccinations for Children Ages 12 to 15
The Lake County Health Department will open COVID-19 vaccinations to children ages 12 to 15 years old on Thursday, May 13, 2021, following the recommendation of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). Parents and legal guardians are encouraged to register their children on the Lake County AllVax Portal to make an appointment.
Health Department Resumes Use of Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) COVID-19 VaccineAs of April 23, 2021, the Lake County Health Department has resumed the use of the Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) COVID-19 vaccine, following the recommendation of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH). After thoroughly reviewing 15 reports of a rare blood clotting disorder with low platelets out of nearly 7 million people who received the vaccine, the FDA and CDC have confidence that this vaccine is safe and effective in preventing COVID-19, and that the known and potential benefits of the vaccine outweigh the known and potential risks.
Learn about the Health Department’s efforts to identify and notify people who may have been exposed to COVID-19
Find service modification and closure information for Lake County Government
Find answers to questions you have about COVID-19 from the Health Department, IDPH, and CDC
Ask a question about:
- COVID-19 in Lake County: Contact the Lake County Health Department at COVID19@lakecountyil.gov
- COVID-19 and other communicable diseases: Contact the Lake County Health Department Communicable Disease program at (847) 377-8130
- COVID-19 Vaccines in Lake County: Contact the Lake County Health Department at AllVax@lakecountyil.gov
- COVID-19 Relief and Recovery in Lake County: Contact Lake County Communications at (847) 377-2154 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- COVID-19 in Illinois: Contact the Illinois Department of Public Health at 1-800-889-3931 or DPH.SICK@ILLINOIS.GOV
- Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois Plan: Contact the Illinois Department of Public Health at 1-800-889-3931 or DPH.SICK@ILLINOIS.GOV
- Phase 4 Guidelines for Businesses: Contact the Illinois Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity at 1-800-252-2923 or CEO.email@example.com.
- Cases or outbreaks of COVID-19 in a workplace or facility: Visit https://redcap.dph.illinois.gov/surveys/?s=NHECLHEHFP
- Executive Order violations: Visit http://www.lakecountyil.gov/report
- Violation of safety guidelines at restaurants and businesses: Call the Lake County Health Department at (847) 377-8020
- An unsafe workplace environment: Contact the Attorney General’s Workplace Rights Bureau at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-740-5076
- Contact tracing scams: Visit the Federal Trade Commission website
Make a request:
- From the news media: Email the Lake County Health Department at COVIDmedia@lakecountyil.gov