Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Lake County, Illinois Information
The Lake County Health Department is closely monitoring a fast-changing pandemic of a novel (new) coronavirus (COVID-19) first identified in the city of Wuhan, China. Our priority is the health and safety of our residents, and we continue to use every available resource to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic.
For the most current status of the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) COVID-19 and Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH): Coronavirus websites.
Current Vaccination Phases
Phase 1a: Healthcare Personnel and Long-Term Care Facility Residents
Currently, vaccine supply is limited. The Lake County Health Department continues to vaccinate Phase 1a, healthcare personnel and long-term care facility residents by appointment only.
Phase 1b: Adults Ages 65 and Older and Frontline Essential Workers
Some local hospitals, healthcare providers, pharmacies, and other partners are giving vaccines on a limited basis to Phase 1b, adults ages 65 and older and frontline essential workers. The Lake County Health Department is offering appointments to seniors ages 65 and older at the Lake County Fairgrounds.
Learn more on our COVID-19 Vaccine page.
Statement Regarding Illinois Expansion of Phase 1b
Register to get notified when it's time to make an appointment for your COVID-19 vaccine.
Learn about the Health Department’s efforts to identify and notify people who may have been exposed to COVID-19
Find service modification and closure information for Lake County Government
Find answers to questions you have about COVID-19 from the Health Department, IDPH, and CDC
Ask a question about:
- COVID-19 in Lake County: Contact the Lake County Health Department at COVID19@lakecountyil.gov
- COVID-19 and other communicable diseases: Contact the Lake County Health Department Communicable Disease program at (847) 377-8130
- COVID-19 Vaccines in Lake County: Contact the Lake County Health Department at AllVax@lakecountyil.gov
- COVID-19 Relief and Recovery in Lake County: Contact Lake County Communications at (847) 377-2154 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- COVID-19 in Illinois: Contact the Illinois Department of Public Health at 1-800-889-3931 or DPH.SICK@ILLINOIS.GOV
- Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois Plan: Contact the Illinois Department of Public Health at 1-800-889-3931 or DPH.SICK@ILLINOIS.GOV
- Phase 4 Guidelines for Businesses: Contact the Illinois Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity at 1-800-252-2923 or CEO.email@example.com.
- Cases or outbreaks of COVID-19 in a workplace or facility: Visit https://redcap.dph.illinois.gov/surveys/?s=NHECLHEHFP
- Executive Order violations: Visit http://www.lakecountyil.gov/report
- Violation of safety guidelines at restaurants and businesses: Call the Lake County Health Department at (847) 377-8020
- An unsafe workplace environment: Contact the Attorney General’s Workplace Rights Bureau at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-740-5076
- Contact tracing scams: Visit the Federal Trade Commission website
Make a request:
- From the news media: Email the Lake County Health Department at COVIDmedia@lakecountyil.gov