The Board is appointed by the Chief Elected Official in every workforce area. By law, local Workforce Development Boards are required to maintain at least a 51% representation from the business sector. The intent of this law is to develop a workforce development system based upon local business needs, which is accountable to all customers. The remaining board membership includes entities representing labor organizations, education and training providers, economic and community development, and the public sector. Diversity is sought between small and large businesses, type of services and industry, and geographical location. Each Board member has the responsibility to participate in at least one committee.
- Board Chair: Andrew Warrington, United Conveyor Corp.
- Board Vice Chair: Karen Stoneman, Sysmex America, Inc.
- Kevin Considine, Lake County Partners
- Laura Crivlare, Illinois Department of Employment Security
- Michael Darling, Farmers Insurance
- Timothy Dempsey, The Dempsey Financial Group
- Josh Fischer, Fischer Paper Products
- Emily Garrity, ConnectVets
- Christine Hammerlund, Assured Healthcare
- Jennifer Harris, CR Search, Inc.
- Dennis Kessler, Midwest Family Business Advisors
- Noelle Kischer-Lepper, City of Waukegan, Office of the Mayor
- Kristi Long, United Way of Lake County
- Edward Melton, Prairie Park Partners
- Kathy Nellis, Tawify
- Pastor Eugene Roberson, First Corinthian Missionary Baptist Church
- Carrie Espinosa, Horizon Benefit Services
- Carlotta Roman, Collective Career Consulting, LLC
- Ann Maine, Lake County Board
- Robyn Safron, HydraForce, Inc.
- Dr. Arlene Santos-George, Lake County Area Planning Council
- Carla Schroeder, Consumers Credit Union
- Jennifer Serino, Lake County Workforce Development Department
- Steve Smart, IBEW Local Union 150
- Patrick Statter, Northeastern Illinois Federation of Labor, AFL-CIO
- Dr. Lori Suddick, College of Lake County
- Kimberly Wimer, Laser Precision, LLC
To learn more about the Lake County Workforce Development Board, or if you are interested in being appointed to serve on the Board or one of its committees, please email JSerino@LakeCountylL.gov or call 847.377.2224.