The Ordinance Open House was only one step in the process. If you were unable to attend the meeting, please submit your comments electronically through the project website. Your feedback is very important to us and we want to hear from you!
Division of Transportation
The Lake County Division of Transportation (LCDOT) has updated our permitting process and current ordinances regulating highway access and utility and facility placement. The new ordinance, “The Lake County Highway Access and Use Ordinance,” was endorsed by the Lake County Board on July 9, 2019.
Lake County Highway Access and Use Ordinance
Lake County Highway Access and Use Ordinance Technical Reference Manual
Lake County Health Department Environmental Health Services is reviewing and updating ordinance standards related to licensing fees for swimming facilities, animal ownership, and proposing a ordinance to restrict groundwater use near the Hoffelder closed landfill site. The public hearing will be held Tuesday, July 9, 2019 at 2:00 p.m. at the Lake County Central Permit Facility, 500 W. Winchester Rd, Libertyville, IL.
Public Hearing Notice - July 9, 2019
Chapter 178: Health Department Fee Schedules
Chapter 172: Animals
- BRIEF Summary proposed revisions to Chapter 172_Animals
- Revisions to Chapter 172_Animals
- Revisions to 172.12_Animal Aggressive dispositions
- Revisions to 172.15_Pet Limit
Lake County proposed groundwater restriction ordinance
Planning, Building and Development
Lake County Planning, Building and Development is reviewing and updating ordinance standards related to zoning, site development, approval standards, and public processes for properties/projects in unincorporated areas of Lake County. View the Unified Development Ordinance (UDO) Amendments Executive Summary for additional details about the proposed changes. Information on the following topics will be available at the open house, with the possibility for focus groups to convene for those topics with significant interest at a later date:
- Rural Business - Introduce regulations to allow low impact business operations on larger parcels in low density areas.
- Local Food - Create opportunities for local food production/processing by codifying best practices.
- Solar Energy - Conduct Best Management Practice (BMP) research and update UDO to address advancing technology, consumer demand, and to consider local government regulations.
- Landscaping - “Right-size” landscape and reforestation requirements, incorporate flexibility in composition and placement of plantings, highlight BMPs and recognize native grasses.
- Streamlining and other changes to Subdivisions and Planned Unit Developments (PUDs) - Establish sidewalk and alleys standards, consolidate and streamline PUD processes and procedures, and consolidate assurance requirements.
Lake County Public Works is reviewing and updating three major ordinances: the Sewer Use Ordinance, the Pretreatment Ordinance, and the Water Use Ordinance.These ordinances are being revised and consolidated to update definitions and references, clarify requirements, include Illinois Environmental Protection Agency (IEPA) mandated programs, and better reflect the current operations and procedures of Lake County Public Works.
Sewer Use Ordinance
Stormwater Management Commission (SMC)
Contacts for Additional Questions:
- Division of Transportation, Joe Meyer - Email, 847-377-7437
- Health Department, Lisa Kroeger - Email, 847-377-8118
- Planning, Building, & Development, Hannah Mulroy - Email, 847-377-2187
- Public Works, Heather Galan - Email, 847-377-7141
- Stormwater Management Commission, Kelcey Traynoff - Email, 847-377-7711