Ordering Vital Records Online
Vital Records Office Hours
In response to COVID-19, the Lake County Clerk’s office is closed to the public until further notice.
Please follow the instructions on this page for ordering records online or call 847-377-2400 for requesting records.Staff will be available to answer questions and provide information from 10 AM to 3 PM Monday through Friday.
Monday to Thursday
8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
8:30 AM to 6:30 PM
Be cautious when using other online services that offer to act as agents for expediting your vital certificate applications as you can obtain the same record from our office at a much lower cost. Online vendors sometimes charge customers ten times more than our published fees, and they ultimately send your order to us to be fulfilled. They're typically not authorized by any issuing agency and could possibly put your personal data at risk.
- Complete VitalChek’s online request form. Then print, sign, and scan the form into an electronic file format.
- Service fee is added to the price of the record request.
$7 VitalChek handling charge
- Mandatory next or 2nd day Air UPS delivery to street address
Next Day Air $19.00
2nd Day Air $16.50
- No delivery to PO box or by U.S. Postal Service.
- Signature required for delivery.
- Two business day processing, once request is received by our office
to have ready before starting online form:
- Names of both applicants on marriage license
- Date and place of marriage
- Relationship to those named on the record
- Number of copies for each record requested
- Type of credit card, credit card number and expiration date
VitalChek accepts Visa, Master Card, American Express, and Discover cards
- Street address for delivery. UPS cannot deliver to a post office box
- Next Day Air or 2nd Day Air UPS delivery
- Daytime phone number
- Copy of valid identification in electronic file format
VitalChek Network, Inc. is an independent company and our selected partner for providing vital record ordering services when payment is made by credit card, expedited delivery is required, or the order is placed by fax or email. VitalChek does not share, sell, rent or trade any of your personal data with third parties for promotional purposes. Customers will need to upload their valid identification and the signed, dated “Identity Verification Form” which VitalChek displays as one of the final pages of the ordering process. Each entire online transaction is fully encrypted and firewall-protected, meeting the highest Payment Card Industry standards (Level 1 Compliant) and federally-mandated standards set by the U.S. Department of Commerce for the transmission and storage of confidential data.
Information on requesting records from other counties can be found at the VitalChek web page.