Fremont Center Rd
Description: This study involves potential improvements to the intersection of Fremont Center Road and IL Route 60, as well as the area bounded by Peterson Road, IL Route 60 and IL Route 83 in the villages of Grayslake and Mundelein, and Fremont Township.
There will be a Public Hearing for the Phase I Study of Fremont Center Road on Tuesday, Aug. 22. Please attend this meeting to learn more about the project and to share your feedback.
The purpose of the hearing is to present:
• Preferred intersection improvement plan
• Future County Roadway Network preferred alignments
• Project schedule
DATE: Tuesday, Aug. 22
TIME: 5 – 7 p.m.
LOCATION: Fremont Intermediate School Gym, 28754 N. Fremont Center Road, Mundelein
The meeting will be conducted in an open house format. All interested persons are invited to attend this public hearing any time between 5 and 7 p.m. Project representatives will be available to answer questions and to gather public input and comments regarding the project.
SIGN UP to receive email updates for this project
Public Information Meetings
- Fremont Center Rd - PIM1 Announcement Flyer (PDF)
- Fremont Center Rd - PIM1 Brochure (PDF)
- Fremont Center Rd - PIM1 Comment Form (PDF)
- Fremont Center Rd - PIM1 Exhibits (PDF)
- Fremont Center Rd - PIM2 Announcement Flyer (PDF)
- Fremont Center Rd - PIM2 Brochure (PDF)
- Fremont Center Rd - PIM2 Comment Form (PDF)
- Fremont Center Rd - PIM2 Exhibits (PDF)
- Fremont Center Rd - Study Area (PDF)
- Fremont Center Rd - PIM2 Summary
Stakeholder Involvement Group Meetings
- Fremont Center Rd - SIG Membership Form (PDF)
- Fremont Center Rd - SIG1 Agenda (PDF)
- Fremont Center Rd - SIG1 Existing Conditions (PDF)
- Fremont Center Rd - SIG1 Presentation (PDF)
- Fremont Center Rd - SIG1 Summary (PDF)
- Fremont Center Rd - SIG2 Agenda
- Fremont Center Rd - SIG2 Presentation (PDF)
- Fremont Center Rd - SIG2 Project Alternatives
- Fremont Center Rd - SIG2 Summary ()PDF)
- Fremont Center Rd - SIG3 Intersection Improvement
- Fremont Center Rd - SIG3 Agenda
- Fremont Center Rd - SIG3 Presentation
- Fremont Center Rd - SIG3 Preferred Alignments
Darrell Kuntz, P.E.
Lake County Division of Transportation
600 W Winchester Rd
Libertyville, IL 60048
An engineering study began in 2012 for the improvement of the Fremont Center Road/IL Route 60 intersection and the extension of Fremont Center Road north to the recently realigned Peterson Road. During the course of that study, it was determined that a larger long range planning study should be performed to develop an appropriate roadway network able to accommodate future development as well as anticipated changes in travel patterns due to the IL Route 53/IL Route 120 project. This planning study will analyze proposed improvements to the Fremont Center Road/IL Route 60 intersection and various extension alternatives for Fremont Center Road, as well as to the roadways within the area bounded by Peterson Road, IL Route 60, and IL Route 83. Once the future County roadway network needs have been determined, detailed studies will be performed focusing on the area around the IL Route 60 and Fremont Center Road intersection. The study will not only investigate vehicular accommodations but will also consider bicycle and pedestrian accommodations, including connections to the Ray Lake Forest Preserve as part of the Fort Hill Trail.
- 5/19/17 - The Lake County Division of Transportation (LCDOT) held the second Public Information Meeting (PIM) for potential roadway improvements to the intersection of Fremont Center Road and IL Route 60 on May 18. The study also includes the area bounded by Peterson Road, IL Route 60, and IL Route 83 in the Village of Grayslake, the Village of Mundelein, and Fremont Township.
- 1/25/2016 - The first Stakeholder Involvement Group Meeting was held in August of 2015. The members discussed the stakeholder involvement process, the project implementation process, the project background, existing conditions, project needs, and potential solutions.
- 3/3/16 - Conceptual alternatives have been developed based upon the information gathered and were presented at the second Stakeholder Involvement Group Meeting held March 3, 2016. At the meeting, three concepts were presented for stakeholder group input, and the results will be considered as the project team works to refine the project alternatives. A Public Information Meeting will be held in early summer 2016 to present these conceptual alternatives to the public.