14th St - From IL 131 to Jackson St
This project has an external dedicated website. Visit 14thStProject.com to view project information and sign up to receive notifications.
Limits: From IL131 (Green Bay Rd) to Jackson St in North Chicago and Waukegan
Description: Reconstruction using a ’road diet’ concept, where four lanes will be reduced to 3, providing one lane in each direction and a center turn lane. This concept makes room available to build non-motorized facilities such as a sidewalk on the south side and a bikepath on the north side.
During the 2019 construction season, the 4-way stop intersection at 14th St and Dugdale Rd was converted to a roundabout during a 90-day closure with detour. Awaiting decisions regarding City watermains to continue with 2020 construction.
- 14th St__Roundabout Brochure Final_Spanish (PDF)
- 14th St_COMMENT FORM (PDF)
- 14th St_Comments (PDF)
- 14th St_Crash (PDF)
- 14th St_Existing Conditions (PDF)
- 14th St_Existing Typical (PDF)
- 14th St_Preferred Alternative (PDF)
- 14th St_Proposed Typical (PDF)
- 14th St_Public Hearing Brochure Final (PDF)
- 14th St_Public Hearing Brochure Final_Spanish (PDF)
- 14th St_Right-of-Way (PDF)
- 14th St_Roundabout Brochure Final (PDF)
- 14th St_Schedule (PDF)
- 14th St_Traffic (PDF)
- 14th St_Welcome (PDF)
Public Information Meetings 1 and 2
200 W. Monroe St., Ste. 1650
Chicago, IL 60606
4/29/16 - A second project information meeting was held April 28, 2015 at the Greenbelt Cultural Center to offer opportunities to review project plans, schedules and exhibits. Click the "Documents" tab to view materials from the public meetings.
Public Comments submitted by May 12, 2015 will be entered into the public record. Use the Comment Form on the "Documents" tab to print a comment form.