VETERANS SERVICES UPDATE - RE: current events in Afghanistan
The current events in Afghanistan can have an emotional toll on veterans who served or continue to serve in that region. Please know that there are resources available for any Afghan veteran and their families who may be experiencing a crisis:
• National Veterans Crisis Line: The crisis hotline is available to all veterans 24/7 at (800) 273-8255. The Veterans Crisis Line is a free, anonymous, confidential resource. A trained responder will answer your call.
• Veterans Assistance Commission of Lake County: The VAC supports all Lake County veterans and their families. Call (847) 377-3344 to speak with a member of the team. This is a tough time for everyone, and the VAC is here to talk with all veterans and their families over the phone or in person.
CUSTOMER SERVICE UPDATE - RE: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
December 1, 2021 8:30am
Face coverings are required in all Lake County government buildings for both vaccinated and unvaccinated people. This requirement went into effect August 2nd and is in alignment with the federal government and the State of Illinois.
In addition to following mask guidelines, please remember to practice regular hand hygiene and take steps reduce the spread of germs:
- Wash your hands with hot, soapy water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer after touching any surfaces that may have been touched by others.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue.
- Stay home if you are sick.
Our office continues to remain open, Monday through Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm. Of course, you can continue to send your documents to our office via USPS, Priority Mail or, if you qualify, sign up for our eRecording service. And, as always, we are here, answering phones and responding to emails so please contact our friendly staff for assistance at (847) 377-2575 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be well and thank you.
Mary Ellen Vanderventer
Lake County Recorder of Deeds
Mary Ellen Vanderventer
Recorder of Deeds
Message from the Recorder of Deeds
I am very excited to announce that we are now doing even more to protect you, the residents of Lake County, from potential property and mortgage fraud! As we continue finding ways to "Do Good Deeds For You", the Recorder of Deeds Office is now providing Property Check. Read on...
FAQ's: Lake County Recorder of Deeds Office
Please take a moment to watch this episode of our Recorder of Deeds cable TV show, “Doing Good Deeds for You”!
In this episode, we highlight our knowledgeable and helpful staff as we answer many of the frequently asked questions we receive from you, our wonderful customers, on a daily basis. Always remember that you can reach us via telephone at (847) 377-2575 or via email at email@example.com Read on...