Board of Health
Board of Health meetings will be held remotely
Pursuant to 7(e) of the Open Meetings Act, the regularly scheduled meetings of the Board of Health will be held remotely by video and audio conferencing, with limited in-person public attendance available, for the 2021 dates listed below or until such time as the proclamation is revoked or expires.
Public comment will be accommodated at all meetings. Instructions on how to submit public comment and attend regularly scheduled meetings remotely or in person will be included with the meeting agenda which will be posted on the Lake County Calendar, https://lakecounty.legistar.com/Calendar.aspx, prior to all meetings.
Meetings of the Committees of the Board of Health are scheduled as needed. As those meetings are scheduled, the committee name, date, time, video and audio conferencing link, public comment and attendance language, and agenda will be posted under “Board of Health Committees” as noted at the bottom of this web page.
The Board of Health’s primary responsibility is to establish those purposes, programs, and procedures which will best prevent disease and promote health among Lake County residents. The Board is charged with accomplishing this while also being responsible for the management of resources available to the Lake County Health Department.
- 6 p.m.
- Fourth Wednesday of the month, unless otherwise noted
- Held remotely as noted above
2021 Meeting Dates
- January 27, 2021
- February 24, 2021
- March 24, 2021
- April 28, 2021
- May 26, 2021
- June 23, 2021 - CANCELLED
- July 28, 2021
- August 18, 2021 (Joint Budget Committee Meeting with Governing Council)
- August 25, 2021
- September 22, 2021
- October 27, 2021
- November 17, 2021 (third Wednesday in November due to the Thanksgiving Holiday)
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
In an effort to keep citizens aware of the Health Department and Community Health Center activities, Board of Health meeting agendas and minutes are placed on the internet.
- T.E. Sashko, President
- Jay Ehrlich, M.D., Vice President
- Frank Belmonte, D.O.
- Carl B. Hagstrom, D.D.S., At-Large-Member
- Sylvia Johnson Jones, Ed.D.
- Kristen Mittl Pollina, Psy.D
- Wendy Rheault, PhD.
- Tracey L. Schultz
- Julie Simpson, County Board Member
Board of Health Committees
- Wednesday, May 19, 2021 at 9 a.m.
- Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 4 p.m. (Joint meeting with Governing Council)
- Tuesday, January 19, 2021 at 3 p.m.
Environmental Health Advisory Committee
Quarterly meetings are held at noon in the second floor conference room of the Central Permit Facility, 500 W. Winchester Road, Libertyville, unless otherwise noted. 2021 dates are as follows:
- March 15, 2021 at 12 p.m.
- May 17, 2021 at 12 p.m.
- August 16, 2021 at 12 p.m.
- November 15, 2021 at 12 p.m.