Board of Health
The Board of Health’s primary responsibility is to establish those purposes, programs, and procedures which will best prevent disease and promote health among Lake County residents. The Board is charged with accomplishing this while also being responsible for the management of resources available to the Lake County Health Department.
- 6 p.m.
- Fourth Wednesday of the month, unless otherwise noted
- Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center*
3010 Grand Avenue
3rd Floor Board Room
Waukegan, IL 60085
*Meetings may be held remotely as needed
2022 Meeting Dates
- January 26, 2022
- February 23, 2022
- March 23, 2022
- April 27, 2022
- May 25, 2022
- June 22, 2022 (if needed)
- July 27, 2022
- August 17, 2022 (Joint Budget Committee Meeting with Governing Council)
- August 24, 2022
- September 28, 2022
- October 26, 2022
- November 30, 2022 (fifth Wednesday in November due to the Thanksgiving Holiday)
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
In an effort to keep citizens aware of the Health Department and Community Health Center activities, Board of Health meeting agendas and minutes are placed on the internet.
- T.E. Sashko, President
- Jay Ehrlich, M.D., Vice President
- Frank Belmonte, D.O.
- Carl B. Hagstrom, D.D.S., At-Large-Member
- Sylvia Johnson Jones, Ed.D.
- Kristen Mittl Pollina, Psy.D
- Wendy Rheault, PhD.
- Julie Simpson, County Board Member
Board of Health Committees
- Wednesday, May 25 at 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 23 at 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 23 at 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 26 at 5:30 p.m.
Environmental Health Advisory Committee
- Mondays at 12 p.m.
- Central Permit Facility
500 W. Winchester Road
2nd Floor Conference Room
Libertyville, IL 60048
Meetings will be held virtually as needed.