Quit Tobacco Services
Deciding to Quit - Where to StartBy deciding to quit, you’ve already made the first step to becoming tobacco-free. There are a lot of things you can do to increase your chances of success like setting a quit date, getting support, and using nicotine replacement like the patch or gum.
Find out more by requesting a free quit kit, making an appointment with our tobacco counselor, or joining a Tobacco Free Solutions group. See our quit services information below for more information on all these services. You may also click on our "Quit Resources" link on the right.
Services OfferedTo make an appointment, call 847-377-8090. All services below are offered free or at a very low cost. Nicotine replacement therapy is available to active clients at a significantly reduced rate. Call 847-377-8090 or email for more information.
- Quit Kits - These quit kits for both teens and adults include basic information on how to quit and tips on how to get started. Adult quit kits are available in both English and Spanish. Get a sneak peek by checking out the Thinking About Quitting Brochure (PDF) that is included in each kit.
- One-on-one counseling - Individual counseling with a Certified Tobacco Treatment Specialist is available free of charge to help adults quit smoking or other tobacco use. Appointments are available at several locations in Lake County.
- Illinois Tobacco Quitline - Call 866-QUIT-YES (866-784-8937) for telephone counseling. The call is toll-free, and you could be eligible to receive nicotine replacement like the patch at a reduced rate. If you live outside Illinois, find a quit line in your state by visiting the quit line online resource.
- On-site cessation groups - Call 847-377-8090 for more information.
Quit Services Specifically for TeensAll services below are offered free or at low cost. Call 847-377-8090 or email to request a free quit kit, make an appointment, or for more information.
- Quit Kits - Quit kits designed specifically for teens include basic information on how to quit and tips on how to get started. Get a sneak peek by checking out the first Teen Quit Brochure (PDF) that is included in each kit.
Medications to AssistThree types of nicotine replacement are available at your local drug store, and four medications are available by prescription from your doctor. To help you choose which is right for you, see more detailed information on our handout Nicotine Replacement Therapy. Our Tobacco Treatment Specialist can also review all the medications with you. Contact your doctor when you are ready to quit.
Over the Counter
- Nicotine Gum
- Nicotine Lozenge
- Nicotine Patch
By Prescription From Your Doctor
- Bupropion (Zyban)
- Nicotine Inhaler
- Nicotine Nasal Spray
- Varenicline (Chantix)