Permits and Applications


The Lake County Public Works Department issues permits for water and sanitary sewer projects in all Lake County Public Works service areas.

The Lake County Central Permit Facility issues permits for the following:

  • New or additional water and/or sewer connections
  • New or additional water services (e.g. adding an irrigation water meter)
  • All water and/or sewer service connection repairs, disconnection, reconnection, or abandonment.
 Lake County Central Permit Facility
 500 West Winchester Road
 Libertyville, IL 60048

Lake County Public Works does not issue permits for the following:

  • Exterior plumbing within 5 feet of the building
  • Interior plumbing
  • Locations outside our service areas
  • Septic systems
  • Storm sewers
  • Wells
Check with your local jurisdiction for other permit requirements. In unincorporated areas of Lake County, contact 847.377.2600 to discuss permit requirements and request early assistance to identify issues before your project begins.

Standards and Details

Visit our standards and details page to learn how to construct your project and download standard details.



State licensed plumbers and contractors can provide a valid state plumbing license number, or copy of a valid state plumbing license, to forego the $5,000 license and permit bond.