Mail should be directed to the following address and in the format specified:
Inmate's Full Name and "L" Number (Example: Tom Smith L14318)
P.O. Box 38
Waukegan, IL 60079-0038
Inmates are permitted to send and receive unlimited correspondence. The only exception is when there is reasonable cause to justify limitations for reasons of public safety or facility order, or to prevent violation of state or federal law. All incoming and outgoing mail is subject to search prior to being delivered.
Unaccepted Mail Items
Mail containing the following items will not be accepted:
- Personal checks, money orders, credit cards, and cash are not acceptable and will be returned to sender.
- Items that cannot be inspected without being damaged
- Items containing any type of material other than paper
- Items that may compromise the security of the facility
- Books, magazines or reading material, unless purchased and delivered directly from LCSO approved vendors including Amazon, Barnes and Noble, etc.
- Any food items
- Any article of clothing, hygiene item or other personal property
- Postage stamps or envelopes (sold in commissary)
- Photos or images containing nudity
- Gang material, drawings, symbols, or any other type of text associated with gangs