The Lake County Division of Transportation (LCDOT) held an informational meeting on Aug. 4, 2021, to introduce a proposed new countywide coordinated paratransit system. This new service would provide a borderless countywide transportation system for seniors and residents with disabilities known as Ride Lake County.
Feedback on the proposed new paratransit system was received through Aug. 18 and information gathered will assist LCDOT in the development of the final service that could begin as soon as 2022 pending Lake County Board approval and available funding.
- Watch the Informational Meeting Recording
- View Presentation Slides from Informational Meeting
- Provide Input Online
- Other Ways to Provide Input
Current Paratransit Service
Not sure where to begin? Start by checking with your township for guidance.
- Transit is a transportation service for the general public, for example, Metra trains and Pace fixed-route bus routes.
- Paratransit refers to flexible transportation services that are geared toward seniors and people with disabilities.
The Lake County Coordinated Transportation Services Committee (LCCTSC) is a broad-based coalition of government officials, service providers and advocacy groups concerned with the provision of transportation in and around Lake County.
A working group to reach consensus on the most appropriate lead agency to advance paratransit coordination and service improvements in Lake County, Illinois
Paratransit refers to flexible transportation services that are geared toward seniors and people with disabilities.
Transit is a transportation service for the general public, for example, Metra trains and Pace fixed-route bus routes.