Paying for Care
Services without barriers
The Lake County Health Department and Community Health Center (LCHD) provides high quality care and services for your whole family. Our goal is to help you make healthy choices and live a healthier life.
We accept most insurance, including Medicaid, Medicare, and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). We offer discounts for patients who qualify. We do not deny services based on a person’s inability to pay.
We are here to help! Call (847) 377-8599.
Option #1: Apply for Health Insurance
Most people can get coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace. This includes:
- U.S. Citizens
- U.S. Nationals
- Lawfully present immigrants
Undocumented immigrants cannot get coverage through the Marketplace. Undocumented immigrants under age 19 and pregnant women may be eligible for Medicaid.
If you have Medicare, you cannot get coverage through the Marketplace. However, you may qualify for Medicaid.
Our Insurance Navigators are trained to help you:
- Explore Medicaid and your health coverage options through the Marketplace
- Complete eligibility forms
- Complete enrollment forms
Option #2: Apply for a Discount
If you cannot get insurance, you may apply for a discount for our services.
Discounts are based on:
- The type of services provided
- Your family size
- Your income
Do you have a high deductible or co-pay?
If you qualify, you may apply for a discount to help reduce your out-of-pocket costs.
Whose income counts?
Only yours if you are:
- Legally separated and living apart
- An emancipated minor
All adults in the household if you are:
- In a civil union or common law marriage
- Unmarried parents living in the same home
- Under age 19
Proof of Income
To apply for a discount, you must provide proof of income within 30 days of the date of service.
If you have income:
- Current paycheck stub
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) letter showing monthly
- amount received
- Bank statement showing SSI deposit
- LCHD Income Verification Form
- (if your employer pays you in cash)
- Most current W2 and complete 1040 tax forms
- Alimony or child support documents
- Retirement, pension or annuity income documents
If you do not have income:
- Unemployment denial letter
- Notice of termination from recent employer
- LCHD Verification of Support Form
- Work release program letter
- Rent assistance or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) letter
- Township assistance letter