Hearings for Lake County Zoning Board of Appeals to Resume
The Lake County Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) will resume hearing cases in September. The ZBA began postponing hearings in March due to the shift to limited operations in response to COVID-19. The Board will reconvene on September 17, 2020 for a review meeting via video conference, with hearings scheduled for September 24 and September 29. Following those dates, the ZBA will resume its regular schedule in October. Hearings will be held remotely until further notice. Members of the public are invited to participate. The video conference platform is accessible on computers, tablets, smartphones, and telephones. Those wishing to participate in the hearing and/or submit public comment should visit the PB&D calendar for details and agenda information.
July Hearings for Lake County Nuisance Ordinance Violations to Resume
Please read the following guidelines.
- Face covering must be worn when entering the building at 500 W Winchester Rd, Libertyville, and social distancing of 6-feet is the required protocol.
- Check in with the Hearing Cashier at counter 7. During check-in you will be asked a few health questions and health safety protocol will be explained to you. You may choose to pay your citation at this time. This is not the location to discuss your case. That will be done with the State’s Attorney representative and/or the Code Enforcement Manager. Give yourself adequate time as delays are expected.
- Only violators & witnesses will be allowed into the building. Exceptions are interpreters and attorneys who are representing minors. Only the violator / witnesses will be allowed into the hearing. (children are not allowed)
- If your violation is not a “MUST APPEAR” case (indicated on the citation), you have the option to pay the fine upon arrival, over the phone, or online. Accepted forms of payment include: 1) check - made payable to Lake County Treasurer 2) credit/debit card, and 3) cash. Please call 847-309-6303 prior to July 13, 2020 to arrange payment in lieu of attending the hearing.
- If you have brought your violation into compliance, please call the ticketing department contact below to discuss options
Lake County Code Enforcement
On July 13, 2020, the Lake County Planning, Building & Development Department reopened the front counter to the public. Because PB&D is committed to providing a safe and healthy office for our employees and customers, Read on...
Thu Nov. 5
Tue Nov. 10
Thu Nov. 12
Wed Nov. 18