Planning, Building & Development Department Front Counter Reopening to the Public
Beginning July 13, 2020, the Lake County Planning, Building & Development Department will be reopening the front counter to the public. Because PB&D is committed to providing a safe and healthy office for our employees and customers, several new protocols have been implemented per Phase 4 of Governor Pritzker’s Restore Illinois Plan.
We ask for your cooperation with the following:
- If you have a cough, fever, shortness of breath or other flu-like symptoms, please do not enter the building.
- All customers and staff are required to wear face coverings while in the building. If you have a health condition that prevents the use of a face covering, do not come to the facility. Please call 847-377-2600 and arrangements will be made to assist you remotely.
- Plastic barriers, signage, and markings have been installed to assist customers with maintaining proper social distancing in the lobby and at the front counter.
- Due to occupancy limits, customers who are need assistance from staff at the front counter may have to wait outside temporarily until someone leaves.
The Department will maintain normal business hours of Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. with reduced in-office staffing. Department staff not present in the office will continue to work remotely. If you need to speak with a specific staff member, please call ahead to confirm their availability. The drop-box in the vestibule will continue to be available for those who need to submit applications and documents but do not wish to enter the building. Additionally, customers are encouraged to conduct business by using the online permitting portal or by mail, email, or telephone. You can access the online portal through this link.
Your continued patience and cooperation is appreciated.
July Hearings for Lake County Nuisance Ordinance Violations to Resume
Please read the following guidelines.
- Face covering must be worn when entering the building at 500 W Winchester Rd, Libertyville, and social distancing of 6-feet is the required protocol.
- Check in with the Hearing Cashier at counter 7. During check-in you will be asked a few health questions and health safety protocol will be explained to you. You may choose to pay your citation at this time. This is not the location to discuss your case. That will be done with the State’s Attorney representative and/or the Code Enforcement Manager. Give yourself adequate time as delays are expected.
- Only violators & witnesses will be allowed into the building. Exceptions are interpreters and attorneys who are representing minors. Only the violator / witnesses will be allowed into the hearing. (children are not allowed)
- If your violation is not a “MUST APPEAR” case (indicated on the citation), you have the option to pay the fine upon arrival, over the phone, or online. Accepted forms of payment include: 1) check - made payable to Lake County Treasurer 2) credit/debit card, and 3) cash. Please call 847-309-6303 prior to July 13, 2020 to arrange payment in lieu of attending the hearing.
- If you have brought your violation into compliance, please call the ticketing department contact below to discuss options
Lake County Code Enforcement
Thu Aug. 13
Thu Aug. 27
Wed Sep. 9
Wed Sep. 9