Veterans who have served in the following meet the criteria and are eligible for VAC programs:
- World War I - April 6, 1917 to November 11, 1918
- World War II - December 7, 1941 to December 31, 1946
- Korean Conflict - June 25, 1950 to January 31, 1946
- Vietnam Conflict - February 28, 1961 to May 7, 1975
- Persian Gulf Conflict - August 2, 1990 to Open
- Peace Time Veterans Serving Two Years (24 Months) Active Duty With Honorable Discharge Most Recently Issued
All applicants MUST show proof of ACTIVE SERVICE with HONORABLE DISCHARGE.
Each person has a right to receive and submit a written application for Veteran's Assistance and each person who applies shall be presented with a copy of these rules.
Prior to receiving assistance, a food-stamp appointment for Aid to Dependent Children must be obtained. If eligible, an application for Unemployment Insurance must be filed. If work-ready, a current Job Service Card must be produced.
All applicants who are dissatisfied with the decision of the superintendent have the right to file an appeal to the decision to the Lake County Public Aid Committee by written notice with the VAC at 20 S. Martin Luther King, Jr. Avenue, Waukegan, Illinois 60085.