North Branch Watershed map (PDF format 628KB)
Upcoming Meetings, Events, News
Check out the completed Skokie River Stream Daylighing Project
Quarterly Watershed Meetings
See North Branch Planning Committee for annual meeting presentations.
North Branch Watershed Consortium
Formerly the Skokie River Consortium, the group's mission is to efficiently address common and necessary flood mitigation, stormwater management and green infrastructure improvements in the watershed. For more information, contact Susan Vancil. NBWC meetings replace the November quarterly meeting of the North Branch Planning Committee.
Next meeting: Thursday, Nov. 12, 2-4 p.m., Lake Forest Hospital, Lake Forest
Hospital Entrance Map
The meeting will open with verbal updates from members on stormwater management and drainage projects and initiatives within your jurisdictions. We’ll then hear from Jim Mladucky, Northwestern Medicine’s Director of Planning and Construction, and Mike Bleck, Bleck Engineering who will give us an overview of Northwestern Medicine’s sustainability goals and how they’ve been incorporated into the new Lake Forest Hospital facility and site design. Then we’ll tour the site to close out the meeting so dress appropriately. Many thanks to Northwestern Medicine for providing the venue, our speakers and tour.
- Anyone attending a tour of the new LFH who is not employed by Northwestern Medicine must sign a General Release form. The form will be provided by the project office at the start of the tour.
- As an active job site, the following dress restrictions will apply:
- Hard hats (provided), safety goggles and high-visibility vests must be worn from point of entry throughout the tour and until the group exits the construction site.
- All participants must wear substantial hard soled shoes. No open-toes or high heels will be permitted.
- All participants must wear long pants.
- Only those following these guidelines will be permitted to tour the site.
- Construction Site Safety for Visitors
- Follow safety instructions given by the safety escort.
- Stay with the group; do not wander.
- Be aware of your surroundings (keep your head on a swivel.) Do not walk looking up!
- Do not lean on guardrails/handrails.
- Do not look directly at welding operations.
- Do not pick up materials or handle tools/equipment.
- Stay at least ten feet back from excavations and trenches.
Please note this meeting replaces the quarterly North Branch Planning Committee meeting. The Consortium’s mission is to address flooding on a regional basis and allows for a more coordinated and efficient collaboration, combining resources and expertise of the watershed communities to address flood damage and prevention.
Watershed Plan and Studies
North Branch of the Chicago River Watershed-Based Plan (2008)
North Branch Open Space Plan (2005)
Lake Bluff Feasibility Study (2009)
Drain Tile Replacement Alternatives Within the Skokie River Headwaters (2008)