Nominations now being accepted until Oct. 9, 2015
See nomination form.
About the Awards
The Annual Stormwater Awards Program recognizes individuals, communities, groups and others whose efforts reflect SMC’s core mission of flood damage reduction, water quality improvement, natural resource protection and enhancement.
- Best Management Practice (BMP) Project - Given for project that is designed and implemented with effective Best Management Practices to meet multi-objective benefits.
- Community - A community who has participated in and/or led an effort to improve the watershed or components thereof.
- Development - Given for a development that is designed and implemented with effective Best Management Practices to meet multi-objective benefits.
- Media - Individual reporter, newspaper, magazine, website, or other medium that has devoted articles or a series of articles on topics related to stormwater and floodplain management.
- Stewardship - Volunteer individual or group who has shown exemplary leadership and service to improve a watershed via an innovative project or another proactive activity that changes how we approach watershed issues.
- Stormwater Manager - A professional stormwater practitioner, professional group/individual, local/state/federal agency/individual that has positively impacted one or more of Lake County’s watersheds.
Distinguished Past Award Winners