Serve Civil Papers
The Lake County Sheriff's Office Civil Process Division is the arm of the Lake County Courts which provides legal service of court Papers to persons and businesses within Lake County. The Civil Process Divsion serves civil papers, enforces evictions and replevins, etc for all Lake County.
- The Lake County Sheriff’s Office accepts cash or check only. No credit or debit cards.
- Have your case # when calling to check the status of service.
- The Sheriff’s Office does not provide legal advice. Please contact an attorney.
- Prior to mailing or bringing papers to the Sheriff’s Office, please verify the address we are to serve is in Lake County by utilizing Mapquest, Google, or calling the local Post Office. We are unable to serve outside of Lake County. We do not mail papers to other counties for service with the exception of Orders of Protection & Body Attachments. If the address is outside Lake County, please contact the county the address is located in for their service requirements.
- We require a minimum of two weeks for service, so please be aware of your court date when you leave the Circuit Clerk’s Office.
- The only parties authorized to serve papers in Lake County is the Sheriff’s Office or a licensed process server. Please look in the yellow pages or do an internet search for a private process server as we do not provide referrals.
Civil Process Paper Requirements
Service Fee Schedule (Effective Nov 2011)
For further information please contact the Civil Process division at (847) 377-4400.