The following provides information to assist you in scheduling non-contact visitation with inmates at the Lake County Adult Correctional Facility. Our goal is to provide family and friends the opportunity to schedule visitation at a time that is convenient to your personal schedule, your family, and life style.
All non-contact visits with inmates will be conducted over a video visitation system. Friends and family may come directly to the visitation center or opt to schedule a remote visit from home on a personal computer or other electronic device. All visits are monitored and recorded.
The visitation area for the entire Lake County Adult Correctional Center is located at:
Lake County Community Based Corrections Center
15 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Ave
Waukegan, Illinois 60085
Hours of visitation
Sunday - Saturday
9:00 A.M.-10:30 A.M. (Last visit scheduled to start at 10:00 A.M.)
11:45 A.M.-2:30 P.M. (Last visit scheduled to start at 2:00 P.M.)
5:30 P.M.-9:30 P.M. (Last visit scheduled to start at 9:00 P.M.)
Terms and conditions
- Each inmate can receive one (1) non-contact, on-site, thirty (30) minute visit per week free of charge. This visit can occur after the inmate has been classified.
- You may visit the same inmate only once per day.
- The inmate must have the visitor on their approved visitors list in order to visit. Additions to the visitor list must be completed prior to scheduling the visit.
- All visits must be scheduled 24 hours in advance. Walk in visits will not be authorized.
- Visits may be cancelled in the event of a facility emergency.
- All visitors entering the visitation area are subject to search and may be checked for active warrants.
- Visitors are required to show proof of identification using at least one (1) of the following:
- State driver’s license or identification card.
- Valid military I.D.
- Student I.D.
- Mexican Matricula card
- Passport with attached photo
- Government I.D. card
- Illinois Bar association card or Court Services Identification.
- Persons under the age of eighteen (18) are not allowed to visit unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Proof of guardianship, birth certificates, or marriage licenses may be required.
- All visits are monitored and recorded.
- Visits may be cancelled at any time for legal proceedings or because of inmate or visitor misconduct or violation of visitation rules.
- There are no refunds for remote visits that are missed or cancelled because of inmate or visitor misconduct.
- All remote visits are subject to charges set by SecurusTech. Charges may flunctuate.
- No smoking, drinking or eating are allowed in the visitation center.
- Two adults and one child or one adult and two children are allowed to visit at one time. Children must be under close adult supervision.
- Visitors must arrive at the visitation center 15 minutes prior to the visit. Visitors arriving late may only receive the balance of their scheduled visit time. There will be no refunds or credits for late or missed visits.
- No nudity, provocative clothing, tight fitting clothing or sleepwear will be allowed during the visit.
- Visitors or inmates exposing sexual organs will have their visit terminated and their visitation privileges permanently barred.
- The visitor must remain at the visitation booth. If the visitor leaves the booth, the visit will be terminated.
- Visitors appearing to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol, loud or disorderly in the visitation center or disrespectful to staff will be removed from the center and visitation privileges suspended and may be subject to criminal charges.
- No cell phones or other electronic devices are allowed in the visitation center. All personal property must be secured in the lockers provided in the main lobby.
- Damaging or defacing the equipment or any area of the visitation center will lead to a termination of the visit, permanent suspension of visitation privileges, and criminal charges.
- Visitors may not record visitation sessions for any reason.