Sheriff Mark Curran promised parents of young people he would work to prevent children from ending up in jail. He knew if he were to accomplish this, children would have to learn to make better choices.
To encourage young people to make wise choices today that will have a positive impact on their future. This will be accomplished by working with young people and their parents in helping them learn how to make positive choices by using mentoring, education and demonstrations.
To prevent young people from making bad choices now that will have a negative impact on the rest of their lives.
- Speaking to young people in schools about effects of right choices verses wrong choices.
- Provide educational presentations to parents regarding current trends in the community for gangs, drugs and sexual practices among young people.
- Partner with local schools and offer demonstrations to students illustrating the precision of the jail’s CRT (Correction Response Team) and encourage students to make good choices and someday work for the Sheriff in Keeping Lake County Safe.
- Presentations by Officers presenting stories of streets and how many young people learned to make better choices, and became successful members of the community.
- Demonstrate how the jail operates; and the dangers of becoming involved with gangs and drugs.
The Sheriff’s Office seeks to collaborate with organizations committed to Keeping Lake County Safe. Programming is free and the public is encouraged to contact Sam Cunningham at 847.377.4088 or email@example.com to schedule a program in their community.