By conserving water, you can:
- Help protect our water supply for the future
- Protect the environment and natural ecosystems
- Save energy
- Save money
You can help achieve a 10% reduction in water use per person within 10 years by saving 10 gallons of water per day, or start by saving 10 gallon of water per day every year for 10 years.
- Reduce shower time to save ~2.5 gallons/minute
- Turn off water while brushing teeth to save ~2 gallons/minute
- Use a rain barrel to cut down your water bill and do something good for the environment
- Limit lawn watering. Check with your local municipality or Lake County Public Works to find out about the watering restrictions in your area
- Avoid over-fertilizing your lawn
The following brochures can help you with further water-saving techniques:
You can also read a summary of the state of Lake County's Water Supply (2008).