It is our hope that you find this product easy to use from the convenience of your office. This website is an extension of our office. We are delighted to provide this service to users of our office. If we can assist you in any way, please don’t hesitate to call. All of us in the Recorder’s Office are committed to providing you with the best customer service possible!
You will find the full index of all recorded documents and document images, dating back to 1980.
We completed our computer system upgrade in November of 2010 and, as a result, added a search tool called Online Index Books. This enhancement provides access to the images of our grantor/grantee index books and almost all of our recorded documents dating back to the 1880's.
Professional firms and businesses that frequently need to research land records may wish to obtain online access to conduct business 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! There is also a tool for the “one day” user.
All users have the ability to manage their own account and apply credit card payments, as needed, online 24/7. We have partnered with PayPal to offer a reliable, secure online connection that is trusted by banks, businesses and online users.
Find the subscription that best works for you! Subscriptions start at $5.00 and all tiers include unlimited searching and viewing of recorded documents. Copies are available for printing at a rate of $1.00 per page.
- One-Day Subscription (for the one-time user) is $5.00 per day. *Remember, it may be easier to simply call the Recorder’s Office. Our staff can quickly find your needed documents and email, fax or mail them to you the same day.
- 30-Day Subscription (for the casual user) is $50.00
- 180-Day Subscription (for our business clients) is $285.00 (a 5% savings)
- 1-year Subscription (for our heavy users) is $540.00 (a 10% savings)
Documents in Lake County, Illinois are indexed by Grantor/Grantee. The most accurate way to search is by last name.
Other search methods include...
(Combinations of these methods can be used to complete detailed searches. However, state statute does not require PIN’s and/or legal descriptions on all documents. Consequently there are recorded documents that will not be found by using these alternate search methods.)
- Document Number
- Date Range
- Condominium Name
- Subdivision / Condominium Name
- Section, Township and Range
- Property Address
- PIN #