The Lake County Unified Development Ordinance (UDO) regulates the subdivision of land and applications associated with existing subdivisions in unincorporated Lake County.
Any division or redivision of a parcel of land into 2 or more parts by means of mapping, platting, conveyance, change or rearrangement of boundaries is considered a subdivision.
The number of dwelling units within a subdivision is determined by the Site Capacity Calculations for the property to be subdivided.
For a brief description of the following subdivision approvals, please roll your mouse cursor over the title. Clicking on the link will take you to the document that explains the review procedures associated with the subdivision type.
The subdivision process consists of several stages. The checklists below outline the document standards and requirements for each stage of the review process.
Pre-application Conference Checklist
Preliminary Plat and Preliminary Engineering Checklist
Final Plat and Final Engineering Checklist
Coordination of Review and Development Process
The subdivision review process is coordinated from start (the initial concept meeting) to finish (project completion) by the Planning and Development Services Division. Applicants should consider the following issues prior to scheduling an initial concept meeting with division staff to assess the feasibility of a subdivision:
- What is the zoning classification of the property?
- Is the proposed use and lot size consistent with the UDO?
- What natural resources are present and in what amounts?
- What is the site capacity for the property?
- Is public sanitary sewer and a public water supply available?
- What is the suitability of the soils for septic (individual sewage disposal systems) and private wells?
- What is the condition of the access road and who has authority over access to the subdivision?
- Which municipality is closest to the subdivision?
- Which school districts will be affected by the subdivision (if residential subdivision)?
There are fees associated with each stage of the subdivision process. Please see the Land Development Fee Schedule for details.
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please call 847.377.2600