Site Development Permit for Septic Repair
The installation or repair of a septic system (Individual Sewage Disposal (ISD) system) may require a Site Development Permit. The Lake County Health Department approval is also required. If the installation a septic system requires electrical connections, a Building Permit also may be required.
What Do I Need?
- The legal description of the property or the Property Index Number (PIN)
- Site Plan and Topographic Survey/Grading Plan requirements:
- Three (3) complete sets including septic design. The plans must be signed and sealed by a professional engineer or a certified surveyor of the State of Illinois.
- Three (3) complete sets of revised documents, if amendments are required.
- Health Department approval. The ISD permit can be applied for and reviewed concurrently with the Site Development Permit.
- Driveway access approval from the appropriate highway authority such as: Township Highway Commission, Lake County Division of Transportation (LCDOT), Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT), private road governing authority.
- Permit fees are required at the time of application. A check, cash, credit/debit card are accepted. Additional fees may be required for a wetland Jurisdiction Determination (JD).
Your site may be inspected at anytime and it must be in compliance with the Unified Development Ordinance and the approved engineering plans at all times. Please see the list of required inspections.