Building Permit for Demolition of Structures
A Building Permit is required to demolish structures on your property.
What Do I Need?
- The address of the property or Property Index Number (PIN)
- Application Form (To expedite the permit process, complete as much of the form as you can before coming to the Permit Facility.)
- Health Department approval regarding the capping (sealing) of existing well(s) and/or septic elimination on the property (If applicable).
- Lake County Construction and Demolition Debris Recycling Compliance Report must be completed by the applicant and submitted not less than ten (10) business days prior to the final inspection of any new construction, renovation, and/or demolition projects of 1,500 square feet or greater gross floor area.
- Applicable permit fees are required at the time of application. A check, cash or credit/debit card are accepted
How Much Will My Permit Cost?
There is a flat fee for demolition based on the type of structure (principal or accessory). For details, please refer to the Land Development Fee Schedule.
So Now That I've Applied - What's Next?
Your application will be reviewed for compliance with regulations.
Your project will be inspected at the completion of the demolition.