The Clerk of the Circuit Court maintains a record of all documents filed for all cases. Most of these documents are public record.
The Circuit Court now gives the public online access to certain criminal, civil and traffic public records and allows people to register online to file pleadings, complaints and motions.
Requests for copies can also be made in person or through the mail. Please call Clerk's file department first at 847.377.3352:
- To find out if the file is readily available if you plan on coming in person. Some files may need to be retrieved from storage.
- To find out what the fee is for the copies you are requesting. This is especially important if you are requesting your copies through the mail.
More information is available on the Clerk of the Circuit Court's website.
Property/Real Estate Records
The Recorder of Deeds Office is responsible for recording, archiving and retrieving any document submitted to be recorded.
- Deeds and mortgages
- Plats of subdivision
- Ordinances and annexations
- Liens and releases
- Articles of incorporation
- Uniform Commercial Code filings
- Military service discharge papers
Sheriff's Office Records
The Sheriff's Office maintains community safety records such as: Sex Offender Registry, Deadbeat Parents, and Wanted Persons.