Navigate Up
Sign In


Passport applications are available at the Circuit Clerk's Office or at State Travel Office.

Please note:

  • Applications processed Monday through Friday from 8:30AM to 4:00PM.
  • All persons must appear in person to apply for a passport

Requirements for Applying for a Passport

Adult Passport Renewals

If your passport has been expired 5 years or less, you must renew it by mail only.  The Circuit Clerk's Office supplies the form, but you must send it in the mail.

If your passport has been expired more than 5 years, you must fill out a new passport application.  Instead of your certified birth certificate, your old passport (which will be returned) is needed, as well as new passport photos and a valid ID card.  The same fees apply as a first time passport.

Contact Us
Parking and Directions
Website Disclaimer
Site Map
Lake County, Illinois
18 N. County Street
Waukegan, IL 60085
About Our County
Alert Lake County
Find Help
Contact Information

Keith Brin, Clerk of the Circuit Court
18 N. County St.
Waukegan, IL 60085

Phone: 847.377.3380


Monday through Friday
8:30 - 5:00

Related Links