Sign In
Clerk of the Circuit Court  

Locations and Phone Numbers

Court for traffic, ordinance and conservation violations are held at various locations depending on the type of violation and police department.  Court for criminal violations are all held at the main courthouse in Waukegan.  For traffic offenses, please direct any questions to the appropriate court location specified on your ticket.  The court locations can be found at the bottom of the ticket.  The address and phone numbers for the various locations are:

  • Park City Branch Court                                    
    301 Greenleaf Street
    Park City, IL 60085
  • Mundelein Branch Court
    105 E Route 83
    Mundelein, IL 60060
  • Round Lake Branch Court
    1792 Nicole Lane
    Round Lake Beach, IL 60073
  • Waukegan Branch Court
    18 North County Street
    Waukegan, IL 60085

All locations are open Monday through Friday 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM

Payments (Court Costs, Fees and Restitution)

  • No personal checks will be accepted
  • Cash and credit cards will be accepted in person only
  • Money orders, certified checks and cashier’s checks should be made payable to “Clerk of the Circuit Court”
  • Please include your case number when paying on criminal cases and restitution
  •  Payments can be mailed to any of the locations listed above

Additional Information - Traffic Offenses

If you received multiple moving (reportable) violation tickets from the same incident and wish to receive court supervision, you must appear at the date, time and location indicated on the ticket.

Failure to appear for a court date when required may become a more serious matter than the original traffic ticket.  You may be subjected to arrest, suspension of driving privileges and additional court costs and fees.

If you have questions regarding the law and your rights, you may want to contact an attorney.  The Clerk of the Circuit Court cannot provide any legal advice.


How long does it take to get my license back after sending in a payment?

Once your payment has been processed; you should receive your license within 5-7 business days.

I posted bond money for someone.  When do I get that money back?

When you post bond money for an individual, the money is held until the outcome of the case is determined, unless otherwise ordered by a judge.  The money posted may be applied to court costs, restitution or used toward attorney fees.  Any money left over will be returned to the person who posted the bond.

I did not receive the form for traffic school.  Where can I get this form?

 This form can be obtained from our branch court locations.

I have not received my traffic school assignment or password for an online class.  Who do I contact?

You should contact the College of Lake County at 847.543.2185

 I have completed my traffic school class.  What do I need to do with the completion certificate?

You should file it with the Clerk of the Circuit Court.  It can be filed in person or through the mail.  If you are mailing it, please send it to the location where your case was scheduled. 

I missed my court date.  What now?

Please contact the court location where your case was scheduled.  They will be able to tell you what occurred in your absence. 

I have moved.  How do I notify your office of my address change?

Please download, fill out and mail us the Change of Address form.  You may send that to:

 ATTN: Traffic
 Clerk of the Circuit Court
 18 North County Street
 Waukegan, IL 60085

How do I find out what is on my driving record

Please contact the Illinois Secretary of State at 217.785.8619. 

Can I fax a document to your office for filing?

Documents for filing must be done in person at the Circuit Clerk’s Office, sent through the mail or sent in by a messenger service.  We DO NOT accept filings or requests for forms by fax or email.

I was issued a ticket for Driving Under the Influence and need to obtain an evaluation.  Who should I contact?

You may contact NICASA at 847.244.4434.

Contact Us
Parking and Directions
Website Disclaimer
Site Map
Lake County, Illinois
18 N. County Street
Waukegan, IL 60085
About Our County
Alert Lake County
Find Help
Contact Information

Keith Brin, Clerk of the Circuit Court
18 N. County St.
Waukegan, IL 60085

Phone: 847.377.3380


Monday through Friday
8:30 - 5:00

Related Links