Road To Reinstatement Pilot Program
Nationwide, individuals are unable to restore or renew their driving privileges based on inability to pay outstanding fees and fines. Unable to drive, this often prevents individuals from obtaining or maintaining employment so they can support themselves and their family. To combat this issue, Vice-Chair Mary Ross Cunningham and the Lake County Board, with support of its partners, are launching the new Road to License Reinstatement Pilot Program, which will provide qualified individuals the ability to get their license renewed or reinstated.
Apply for the Road to Reinstatement Pilot Program
- Complete the Personal Information Form and an Application for Waiver of Court Fees
Printed copies are also available at the Lake County Building, 18 N. County Street, 9th Floor, Waukegan, IL 60085.
- Obtain your Driving Abstract from the Illinois Secretary of State for $12.
- Return the completed documents no later than March 29 by email to email@example.com, or mail or drop off the documents to the Lake County Administrator's Office, 18 N. County St., 9th Floor, Waukegan, IL 60085.
About the Program
This program will provide Lake County residents who are unable to pay an opportunity to reduce outstanding costs and get their license renewed or reinstated. The following traffic offenses will not be eligible for participation in this program.
- DUI citations
- Habitual/dangerous offenders/offenses
- Felony cases
- Child support suspension
- Financial responsibility suspension
- Insurance suspension
- Toll violations
- Unpaid parking tickets
- Citations issued outside of Lake County
Frequently Asked Questions
When will I know if I qualify for the program?
Applicants will be notified six to eight weeks after the documents are submitted.
How can I submit my documents?
Fee waivers and driving abstracts from the Illinois Secretary of State can be submitted by email, mail or dropped off at the Lake County Administrator's Office, 18 N. County Street, 9th Floor, Waukegan, IL 60085
When do I have to turn my documents in?
All documents are due no later than March 29.
Who do I contact for further questions?
Contact Lake County at 847-377-2929