Finance & Administrative Services
The Lake County Finance and Administrative Services Division provides financial support to departments, elected officials and the public. This includes assisting Lake County staff in purchasing products and services, and providing fiscal and budgetary services. The department works to attain and maintain balance between long-term stability and customer satisfaction in support of Lake County’s strategic goals.
In addition to financial support, the department provides, enhances, and preserves the physical assets of the County, ensuring quality construction on major projects and supporting County departments, comprehensive document production, mail, and delivery services.
Divisions of the Department of Financial and Administrative Services include:
- Accounting: Responsible for preparing the County’s annual financial statements and audit reports, monthly expenditure reports and tax rate information. Also provides accounting oversight for departments, monitors and audits payments to vendors, and more.
- Budget: Puts together County’s fiscal year budget, which is a complex policy document that sets priorities, shapes service delivery, and impacts all areas of county government.
- Construction: Has direct oversight of all new facility construction and major remodeling projects for Lake County government. Staff administers project management for new construction and large projects, consultant solicitation and selection, bidding, land acquisition and more.
- Purchasing: Assists County departments and agencies in purchasing required goods and services, ensures an open and competitive bid process and strives to increase awareness about business opportunities, while maximizing participation from Lake County businesses.
- Facilities: Responsible for the operation and maintenance of building equipment, maintenance of all buildings and housekeeping in all of the County facilities.
- Support Services: The Support Services Division is responsible for the internal print center, mail center and delivery services. They provide high volume printing capabilities with digital equipment for producing documents in both black and color printing.